May 19, 2010

the BEST fast drying nail polish ever

Today I am here to go on and on about one of my favorite products: Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat (www.seche.com).

It is amazing. In 15 minutes flat, your nails will not only be dry, they will be durable. I can do my nails, and literally walk out the door to work or for a night out. I have chipped them against my keys, against my seatbelt, against my pockets. Only when I have not waited the 10 - 15 minutes have I had smudges or dents in my nail color.

Con: really hard to find in Canada. If you live in the US, it's available at Sally Beauty Supply and Ulta.

It also comes with a warning that has made me do a little research. It "contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm." I have seen the online blog debates, but research into the ingredient list has shown me that it is most likely toluene that causes this warning. Toluene can cause those side effects if you inhale its' fumes for long periods of time. (Note: I cannot scientifically attest to this, as I am relying on online sources, but I feel confident that as long as I don't sniff it for long periods of time, I'm good.) Of course, when I left a bottle in my car and it froze and broke the bottle, leaving my car smelly for a week or so, that probably wasn't so good.

However, for use on your nails, just make sure you use it in a well-ventilated area and I think you're good. I used to live in California, and they're a tad bit lawsuit-crazy, thus the warning.

I hope you all enjoy this wonderful product. I even take it to my manicurist and make her use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment